Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A peep inside this years Hebrides sketchbook.

A peep inside this years Hebrides sketchbook. In the deep mid winter I often dream of that perfect studio, warm, bright and roomy such a contrast to the reality of the small but cosy if you keep the wood-burner going. However when I look through my sketch books there is no replacement for being out there in the glory of it all whatever the weather. As I flick through the images I recall what a packed year it has been, hello to new ideas and fresh faces, goodbye to old memories and friends departing, savouring life’s constant mix of salty tears and raucous laughter. These sketches of the Outer Hebrides are a sample of the summer months which I now set to working up into oil paintings. After the successful sell out of “Un monde qui s’en va”, my book on Breton vernacular architecture there has been talk of another “Hebridean Dreaming” the sketchbook of an itinerant artist. For those of you who have already visited the islands I hope you enjoy planning your return and for those who have not been the welcome awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment