Tuesday, August 31, 2021

MIST ROLLING IN FROM.

 


I was irritated at just how quickly that irritating little McCartney tune sprang to mind. Having grown up on the Mull of Kintyre made I am totally familiar with the rolling of mist, but here on the east coast of Lewis I more used to mist being associated with the moor. As I left for my evening walk I caught sight of the Minch mist and darted back for my camera.


 As I reached the Traigh Mhor turn off, dank billowing clouds sped up the valley, but as I approached the coast it cleared to reveal the low fog banks making their way inland. Further north was a similar picture as the remnants of fog clung to every break in the cliffs. It felt autumnal and the following morning this was emphasized by the red sunrise, and later the heather bejewelled with a myriad of tiny spider webs. 

   


No comments:

Post a Comment